“Why Am I Still Here?”

Book Cover   Life is filled with tragedy.  What happens when you’re the one left behind?  How can you go on?  Follow along with Shirley Faith Touchstone and Anita Dowty as they gather story after story detailing the answer to the all-important question, Why Am I Still Here?.  You’ll learn how God is at work in the lives of those who grieve.

Why Am I Still Here? will help you understand what Jesus meant when he said, “Blessed are those who mourn.”

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to “Why Am I Still Here?”

1. sockerjo says:

Thanks Mom and Anita for working so hard on this book. I did get my copy and have read it cover to cover. It was refreshing to read the stories of the people who contributed to the book along with your own personal insights into why and how we are to go on despite the arrows satan slings our way. I especially liked the scripture citings to back up the advice and encouragement that you provided to your grief share group and the readers of your book. I hope it will reach many more people that might be wondering for themselves, why am I still here? God bless you both!

• Hi Terry, thank you so much for the great review. I’m so pleased that you loved the book. It was quite an experience for me, working on this book. Thank you for your precious stories. It’s so wonderful to see it on the shelf in a book store. WOW! Blessings.

2. Smokey says:

The book is very interesting and one you will not put down, once you start reading it. You want to know what it says in the next story. Thank you for putting together these stories and thoughts, to share with others. Really enjoyed it.

3. sockerjo says:

Even though Amazon website says they, and stores, are out of the book, it can still be purchased and they will order it through Anchor Distributing.

• Shirley says:

Thanks for mentioning that the book stores and Amazon can order the books through Anchor Distributing even though the say sold out…

4. I received my copy of the book and just want to say, it is as beautiful in person as it is on screen. Easy to read, flows well and is packed full of testimonies and examples of how people cope with loss and why they think they are “still here”. Very moving collection of personal stories and insights into how people can and do go on after extreme trajedy or sadness.

5. Kathleen Ehrle says:

Woo hoo !!! I just pre-ordered 2 of them!!!

6. Terry Benefield says:

Is today the day your book becomes available to the rest of the world?

7. missgriz76 says:

So happy for Shirley and Anita. Can’t wait for the book to come out!! Hugs :-)

8. Bobby D says:

I’m looking forward to reading it! Love you

9. Carlene Love says:

Grandma and Anita, I have a feeling you are going to find this book inspiring people even on levels you didn’t imagine. I love you and am so excited for you!

10. Dawn Johns says:

Cant wait to read it! LoVe you both!

11. myilovejesus says:

This is so needed today! Not just spouses outliving each other, but parents outliving children and seniors outliving their friends …THANK YOU

12. Shirley Touchstone says:

Hi there, Can’t wait to see the book when it is finished

13. Terry Benefield says:

Looking forward to this book being released! I heard it’s already been answering that question for people in several areas.

• Hi Terry, there are two pages now with pictures. Please check them out. One page has picture of book, the other has picture of me and your mother. Let us know how you like what has been done. Let the others know about this change. Thanks